Monday, October 9, 2017

Paris rendezvous

A year has gone by...and memories have dimmed..but had taken time off to write it down, then and there..

 Paris ......after an hour's delay we were on the flight....two good meals later in a span of eight hours we were in Paris. The customs did not treat us like terror suspects...we had felt humiliated in the States....had to strip our socks too.. ThE weather was cool and a bit cloudy... My younger cousin Prabodh had come to pick us. The car sped through and suddenly we passed through a Concorde...the plane which I had always wanted to see..Prabodh told me that it was the out of service Supersonic Concorde which once flew between Paris and New York in a little over three hours, at 1350 miles per hour..It looked as though it was about to soar..wow....what a sight..well maybe because I was always in awe of the Concorde
.
 We soon entered country terrain...miles and miles of wheat and corn in Paris.  The scenic countryside was a feast to the eyes...and it was definitely less populated and lots of fresh air. prabodh told us that most of the








Add caption




the local small town bakery
Sanyanth and Shameen in their cute neighborhood.


people opt to live out of Paris,as for the price of a small miniscule apartment,, they can have a picturesque house, a school nearby, where they are supposed to go...and education is free too..Govt schools are supposed to be very good.. Each town was well connected by trains, subways and metros...they could have a garden and a space outside for the children to play. Have barbecues, host dinners with the neighbours, And go for walks in the woods nearby...the car sped by and we looked on...and I felt as though I was flicking through postcards...all houses were one better than the other..a profusion of flowers and fruits...chimneys and cute windows and most had lace curtains... Streets were literally empty..days were long as it was June..the sun shone till it was ten..and so we were psychologically ets.alert, the jetlag was not very insistent. Wholesome dinner and talked and laughed till late,, we went off to the neighbours, as they had kindly agreed to take us in, as Prabodh was having more guests the next day..eyes drooping, we stepped out and a cold shaft of air hit us and I slid my hands into the warmth of my pockets, a warm quilt to slide into was the only thing I needed then...the door was kept unlocked for us.. .and Oh..my..i felt like Alice in Wonderland....it was warm..felt the cosiness envelope me and give me a tight hug.. A wooden coatstand stood there..a small console..and cross stitched pics were framed and put up on each wall...started clicking pics rapidly..My son said.."Ammaa..the house won't disappear..take them when sunlight pours in" I was walking through a cosy vintage cottage.. Sleep had sped out...let the pics spe ak for themselves..I felt like a kid with Maria singing..Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...these are a few of my favourite things. ..a warm  bed awaited me and was so excited and happy that It was long before I slid into sweet oblivion.
 Woke up to the aroma of strong coffee and mmmm..turned over and snuggled deeper into the warm quilt as it was chilly. It was Sunday and we had planned a trip to Fountain Bleau Castle, a good half an hour drive and to the Chateau  Blandy..my host had two sons..all grown up and tho they have flown the nest, they are often here for the weekends or they go visit them. Natalie is a nutrtionist in the local hospital and Allen has retired and now enjoying his walks and fishing with friends, walking through the woods, movies and a game of football on t.v...a garden with a profusion of flowers, a tree with green fruits greets us as you enter the druve eway..prune tree..and a fig tree and a pine tree guards the steps on either side..a ceramic toad gave me a fright...
the Concorde which is perched on the way..pic courtesy google

gifting me my choice of bread

with Allen and Natalie, who owns this cosy home, amnd made it cosy for us too.

fun, food, friends and family..







2 comments: